Thursday, July 25, 2013

La Houle, Cancale

On our way to St Malo we stopped in Dol de Bretagne, looking for a supermarket the GPS brought us to the old town where we walked around for nice pictures, but then we had to drive further to get to supermarket. Our camping in St Malo was 5 stars and had a TV in our room and spacious nice rooms. I asked my husband and son if they wanted to drive to MSM for high tides that night and nice weather, but we were exhausted and decided to go early next morning. Next morning we woke up and drove to MSM. After parking there we took the shuttle to the Mont, then walked around in the ramparts. The abbey was free to visit because of strikes. We walked around for nice views, but decided to leave as hoards of tourists started arriving. We left before 11AM, and so it only costs 4E instead of 12E for parking. We then drove by the coast for a lunch in Cancale. As we arrived before noon we managed to park in one of the parkings on the quay. From there we walked to our restaurant La Houle. I read an article on it and also the reviews were good. La Houle We sat at their terrace and I ordered 9 oysters, followed by cabillaud and a crepe. The oysters were really fresh. The cabillaud was prepared with andouille sausage slices on top, in white sauce and with puree de pannais. This fish cabillaud reminded me of the one my grand mother prepared when I was a child, in a tomato sauce with onions and carrots. The fish itself is white and not so tasty, the texture is good but the sauce is what makes it delicious. In this case the combination was original.
I bought a dozen of oysters from oyster market in Cancale The woman showed me how to open them and I succeeded when at our camping, as we had an oyster knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment