Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Lunch at l'Epicerie, Amboise

We couldn't find easily the restaurant because of our GPS indications, but it was in the street facing the castle walls.
After visiting le Clos Luce we could park easily in the road parking along the river and walked a bit into the pedestrian area of Amboise.




We were seated at the terrace. We chose a 22E menu. Our son went with child menu and received a very nicely presented steak hache with a fried egg on top and fries. We had to ask the steak cooked a bit longuer and his plate changed. He then had a choice of ice creams. The personnel was very nice and patient, they served us with smile and talked to our son every time they served us.

I went with a soup, very good and nicely presented and my husband chose the terrine. Followed by duck confit with delicious potatoes. I didn't find the duck being crisp, but it was good. We had a cheese plate with 3 pieces of cheese, one of which reminded me a havarti cheese. Then I chose a crumble, which  was very tasty, but too sweet for me ( don't like too sweet and on rare occasions have a desert). My husband had the apple pie, which was not too sweet. He finished my crumble, but found it very sweet too.
The food was all very good and the wine, a rose was good, but I found it to be more rustic than the restaurant in Bracieux. My husband was happy to see big plates of food, but I couldn't finish all my potatoes. The visit of Amboise that followed was more difficult for him, since he ate a lot.
A very good experience in Amboise.
http://www.lepicerie-amboise.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment