Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lunch at Auberge du Pont, St Leon sur Vezere, Dordogne

St Leon sur Vezere:



On a Saturday for lunch many places are closed in the region. Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere looked like a touristy place from the outside and because of its central location. They had a big shaded terrace which seemd to be pleasant. So we sat there and chose from the menu. I went with roast lamb and my husband with a lamb gigot.



My lamb came accompanied by gratin dauphinois, zucchinis, roast tomatoe and half of a renverse of zucchini. The food was good, the lamb very tender. My pieces had a lot of grease on them that I did cut out, but the meat was tender.



Renversee of zucchini didn't have much taste, and I had only tried potatoes because I don't like bechamel sauce. Despite of this I had more than enough food with the meat and all vegetables. The lunch was very pleasant there with a glass of wine and a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment