Monday, July 30, 2012

La Marmite, Bandol

It was our second time there, and we chose the same menus except for desert, they don't have my beloved creme brulee anymore.

We were served 3 small glasses for apero, red bell pepper puree sauce, tapenade and a artichoke puree sauce.

The oysters were big and served with red vinegar sauce. The fish soup good as last time. Although the group at a table next to us asked what was served with the soup as it looked as mayonnaise, but it was la rouille.







The taureau was exactly the same, very good. La bleu au safran was served in a nice bowl, however this time the variation was a different fish, artichoke, and the sauce looked whiter. The mussels and gambas were perfectly cooked and tasty with the sauce. Not sure why they chose this particular fish (probably the fish of the day), but that sort of fish is very difficult to keep in one piece and make it to taste something. Some fish is tasteless unless you pan fry it in flour. Since this time the vegetables were fenouil, potato and artichoke, I guess the sauce had to be more delicate, and so I didn't taste much garlic. It tasted more like a fine cuisine refined plate, and less like a Provencal dish which I enjoyed last time.





For desert I chose croustillant au chocolat which was excellent an my husband had a panacotta very good too, but he thought my desert was more delicious. Our son with traditional steak hache and fries followed by an ice cream with cassis and strawberry (strange combination, but great for him).

The prices increased to 25E for the menus, but the choices are good. A great meal. I hope returning there if are to go to Bandol, which I think we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment